Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Housewitch by Katie Schickel (Read 10/14/19 to 10/16/19)

This is the OUABC Sweet mini box book, I did not buy the book box, I bought the spooky one instead, but I did borrow the book from the library.
This is about Allison, who seems like a normal stay at home mom, wanting to be part of the in crowd and perfect moms.  And she finds away by being invited to be a Glamour Girl.  All she has to do is exactly what the Boss Lady Astrid says to do.  But the Glamour Girls have a secret, and so does Allison.
The description of this book compared it to Practical Magic, which I can see a bit, but it was much better.  It was a light read, and lots of fun twists.  The theme of witches was perfect for October.  Sadly I had the major plot twist figured out by about 40%.  Which doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the book, but it does mean it wasn't a shocking surprise ending.  It was a nice light read for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment