Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (read 4/12/15 to 4/25/15)

This is the looking back on his life not so sure it was so fulfilling as he thought. He missed out on love, because of his duty. He seems like a caring enough man, but he was always so formal, and no one in. For goodness sake's he was proud he kept doing his job even as his father died.  He was blind to the world around him. Lord Darlington was taken as a fool by the Nazis and Stephen was blinded by his love and loyalty.  It made me a little sad that he missed out on so much of choices, black anyone they seemed right at the time. At the time that is the risk of life's choices. It was an okay read. The page for me, in fact I thought so, but when I was reading it, it was okay. I can see how some would love it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment