Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (read 5\25-5\28)

This was for my book club on meetup.  Husband writes letter to wife to be opened after death - his deepest darkest secret.  For about a week or so we follow the life of three women whose lives intersect and intertwine over this secret.  His wife Cecilia Fitzpatrick reads letter while husband is still alive.  Tess, her husband and cousin (felicity) have an affair.  Felicity is more like Tess's sister, making the betrayal even worse.
Rachel is the grandmother of Jacob (4 yrs).  Jacob's family is moving to NY, destroying her.  Rachel's daughter Janie died at 17 she had shut down emotionally until Jacob is born. His leaving makes her fear she will go back to the place she was in her life after Janie's death and before Jacob's birth.
I loved the writing style, I couldn't wait to see how their lives intertwine.  It makes me want to know what will happen.  I think women's lives were intertwined mildly before, but now will be more so, because of Cecilia's husbands secret.  Although he seems so unimportant to the greater story that I can't remember his name.
The end was a bit of a let down, seemed too little.  Like the story didn't end neatly, I guess that is more realistic, but I wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment