Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Perfect Little Children by Sophia Hannah (Read 1/13/20 - 1/17/20)

I received this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy (ARC) through NetGalley.  It will be published February 4, 2020

12 years ago Beth and her husband Dominic had a falling out with their best friends Flora and Lewis Braid.  It seems the women decided the close friendship must end.  While taking her son Ben to a football (I.e soccer) practice Beth drives by the Braid’s home on Wyddial Lane, very stalker style.  There she sees Flora get out of a car and get her two children Thomas and Emily out, BUT all three look exactly as they did 12 years ago.  Thomas and Emily are still 5 and 3!  This leads down a rabbit hole of events that lead to a shocking reason for Beth's sighting or Flora and the children.  

I LOVED this book, I got so caught up in the story and lost track of time.  I wanted to know so badly what happened that  I found myself staying up late I could read a page or two more.  I thought this book was on parr with the Girl on the Train or The woman in the Window, but the main character wasn’t the damaged one.  I absolutely loved it!  This is my first 5 Star read of the year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment