Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Gumshoe on the Loose (Mortimer Angel, #3) by Rob Leininger (Read 5/25/18 to 5/26/18) – 3 Star

Gumshoe on the Loose (Mortimer Angel, #3)
Disclaimer…I was a little critical of this book, I am an IRS Agent that lives in the Reno, and that influenced my opinion ALOT. 

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of the US Government. None of the ideas expressed in this blog post are shared, supported, or endorsed in any manner by my employer.

So I liked the story, it was a nice easy read. The plot moved along nicely. Things seemed a bit unfinished at the end but it was an ending. I really liked the Reno details, he was spot on for directions and areas, it was great to read. In fact, I probably would have picked up his other books if he wasn’t such an asshole about the IRS. That probably won’t bother anyone else, but it really detracted from the story for me. I know the IRS has a bad reputation, and we get a lot of negative commentary from the media, congress, and just people in general. But the way he portrayed us, as heartless souls suckers was too much for me. The people I work with have some the most generous hearts, and I (and I know some of my co-workers) believe that we are providing a service for our country. We are doing our duty and providing the funding for all the things everyone love, parks, roads, clean water, and yes government functions. I don’t personally know any IRS agents that are as cold and heartless and awful as Mr. Leininger made us out to be. It was really hard to read because of that. As a result, I will not read any more in this series, and probably none of his other books. It’s bad enough I see my career, that I am very proud of, smeared in the news on regular basis, I refuse to read about it in a book I picked up for pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment