Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2020

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Read 1/17/20 to 1/24/20)

This is the 3rd book I have read for my Quarterly Book Exchange. This has been on my TBR list for a while. It has had so much hype.

"The The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called "Le Cirque des Reves," and it is only open at night."  (Goodreads excerpt)

What patrons don't know is that behind the circus facade is a magical completion between Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood for this competition.  They are not informed of the rules, or the consequences, but both are expected to win by their instructors.  This competition has many unplanned consequences and changes the lives of so many.

I liked it, but the middle parts dragged for me – much like the games, so much time passed for so little movement. I love the imagery in the characters, I just wanted the action closer together. I enjoyed it and I understand why so many others have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment