Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2020

December 2019 Wrap Up

Well it seems December escaped me. And a good portion of January as well. So I’m going to do a December wrap up post and then catch up on January...and as alway I’ll try to vibe better in the future...but you know, no promises.

The Testaments By Margaret Atwood (Read 11/30/19 - 12/2/19)
I loved it! I could not put it down. I know some reviewers didn’t like the change in style, but I did. I liked the holes it filled and I felt like it wrapped things up some.








A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Read 12/2/19 - 12/4/19)
I can't believe I hadn't read this before! I have decided also that I may not be an Austin or a Bronte Fan, but I am a Dickens fan. I really enjoyed it.









The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan (Read 12/4/19 - 12/8/19)
So this is the OUABC Christmas box from last year, and I found it at the grocery store and picked it up. Felt like the right season. I loved it. I loved the characters, especially Stewart, he reminded me a lot of my Fiancé. And I love the drama and story line, it was dramatic and deep and yet fluffy too.







The Lost Book of Adan Moreau by Michale Zapata (Read 11/17/19 - 12/11/19)
I received this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy (ARC) through NetGalley. It will be published February 4, 2020.
This was an Ok book for me, I was interested enough to finish. It reminded me a lot of The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. Which was a 3 star book to me. Which I know it mentions in the description, but it was very comparable I found.
I found the story moved a little slow at the beginning, picked up when we met Saul, but then began to drag again. It was only 272 pages but it felt at times like it was closer to 600.
There were some rambling parts, like the Dominicana’s Welsh doctor tells her a story from his childhood and going to work in the coal mines. I wasn’t sure what the point of including was. Also the lack of chapters bothered me.

 
A Royal Christmas Wish by Lizzie Shane (Read 12/11/19 - 12/15/19)
This was the OUABC Christmas Mini Box. I enjoyed this book, it was fun and magical, and perfect for the season. I felt like I was reading a hallmark movie, and I really hope they put it out as one!








The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell (Read 12/21/19 - 12/22/19)
This was the OUABC November selection. I sped through it obviously. The story kept me guessing and there were so many little twists! And creepy, so creepy! But sooo good too!








Holly Banks Full of Angst by Julie Valarie (Read 12/26/19 - 12/28/19)
This was the OUABC December selection. It was ok, it was sarcastic and funny, but I didn't really like the characters and I didn't really like the story line. But the quips kept me invested.

No comments:

Post a Comment